Lange and Ruess - God and Yiddish...

Lange,
Mercy.  That's alot.  I'm sorry.

The old Yiddish proverb is 'we plan, God laughs.'  Lord, I'd like to find the Yiddish who came up with that and whack him.  

How did Nora dote on Eve?

~~~~~~~

Ruess,
My grandmother was married at fifteen and got pregnant later that year.  Nora didn't approve of all the details, but her support for Karen throughout the pregnancy was nothing short of heroic. At the reunion, Nora gathered everyone together.  She kissed Karen and Eve and then presented Eve with a string of blue glass beads.  Everyone in the family knows of those beads.  They were a gift to my grandmother on her wedding day, from my grandfather.

If God doesn't laugh when our plans go awry, what then?

~~~~~~~

Lange,
I believe he weeps.

  

2 comments:

  1. Still here soaking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like a whack too.

    But weeping, now that's different.

    ReplyDelete