Morning Prayer

Well, Lord,

You've chosen to keep this ball turnin' and so I say "yes" to another day. I was up on time and did my daily reading: But as for me, I am poor and needy. Your word, O Lord, has a tendency to rub it in. Come to me speedily, O God.

The coffee maker still works, a fact for which I am thankful. I have grown accustomed to a daily infusion of two cups of black blood. Man does not live by bread alone. I think you said that once, right?

I clicked on "new post" at 5:15am yet here it is 5:54am and nothing much is happening. I picked up my new Jim Harrison book and decided to open it to a random page and let that be the springboard for a blog entry, kinda like those folks who want a word from you, O Lord, and open the bible to a page and read a verse and make a life-altering decision based on it. I landed on the page where Harrison's Swede mother asked him in regard to his novels, "Why can't your characters have normal sex?" Didn't quite know what to do with that one, O God.

I hear the Beagle hacking up something. I've prayed for years for a farm setting and a rooster to start my day, yet you've given me suburbia and a yarking Beagle. Truly your ways are not my ways.

I do pray for my girlfriend and our three kids, one of whom decided to get in our bed at 2:30am this morning. Please keep them heart, mind, soul, and strength this day.

Oh, and please lead people to randomly open their bibles and find a verse that they misinterpret to mean that they should speedily buy the stuff we put on EBay last night. And help them to have normal sex as well.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. ...in the midst of some hard pondering and wondering about a physical condition that has shown up, you've brought a smile to this old soul. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, normal sex all around, please. ;)

    Hope the beagle didn't yark up anything of real value. Terrible to vomit-search.

    ReplyDelete